My coworkers got together for yet another potluck last week, and instead of bringing my usual — dessert! — I decided to bring an appetizer. I have so many appetizers pinned that I haven’t gotten to try out yet, but decided to find an easy, low fat recipe from one of my favorite low fat bloggers – Skinny Taste. It came out great – but would’ve been better had I not made it the day before. Whoops! So I warn you – do not prepare a day ahead of time.
Just in time for tailgate season – or football watching – I bring you low fat taco dip!
I added black beans to mine – you could always add seasoned cooked ground turkey or beef, or even some jalapenos to give it more of a kick. Enjoy!
Low Fat Taco Dip (borrowed from Skinny Taste)
Here’s what you need:
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa (I used half a jar of mild and half a jar of hot salsa for a little kick)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz black olives
Here’s what you do:
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of a large shallow dish.
- Top mixture with can of black beans, drained.
- Top beans with a layer of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, then shredded cheese and black olives.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips.