You may recall, B and I were assigned appetizers to bring to his family’s Memorial Day gathering. We were going to be bringing two appetizers, and this bean dip was the second appetizer we brought, along with Buffalo Chicken Dip (recipe coming soon). It’s so easy, I managed to make it AND clean up while the Buff Chick Dip was cooking.
Seriously, this is possibly the easiest appetizer you can bring to a party or get together. Not lying – there are 5 ingredients (salt/pepper don’t count in my opinion), only one cooking/mixing container is used (and thus needs to be cleaned), and it’s somewhat healthy. See? A win-win!
5 Ingredient Garlicky White Bean Dip (from Giada)
Here’s what you need:
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley in your food processor. I have a Cuisinart Mini Chop and it is THE BEST. Small and works perfectly for something like this.
- Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve with something yummy – I served our with pretzel crisps, pita and veggies. It’d also be great on some crusty bread (Because really, what’s NOT good on crusty bread?). Enjoy! Mine made about 3 cups or so, which was plenty (esp. with the Buff Chick Dip).