Saturday night B went out to a beer/whiskey/cigar bar with some dudes and I decided to stay home and catch up on my DVR (how else would I know what happened to Kourtney and Kim in NY?), paint my nails and bake some cookies.
What did I bake? Special K cookies! I first had these cookies at B’s parents house and they have become a Carney family tradition and now make an appearance at quite a few family gatherings. I even sent some to my brother in a care package his freshman year. All in all, Special K cookies were a perfect end to a great day!
Special K Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla sugar (1 package of purchased)
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 c Special K cereal
- 3/4 c sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix special K, oats, coconut flakes and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added.
- Stir in flour mixture slowly, mixing well.
- Stir in oat mixture and mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Make tablespoon sized scoops on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.