As I mentioned earlier, when I found myself with a brand new jar of Nutella last week, I knew there was only one thing to do – eat it with a spoon – bake with it!
Since B isn’t a huge Nutella fan, I chose recipes with only a hint of Nutella. The second (and sadly, last) of my Nutella baking bash (aka the jar was finished) was borrowed from one of the best bloggers in the entire world … The Pioneer Woman! When I saw her Nutella Krispie Treats, I knew I had to try them. I admit, I was a little nervous – I had never made Rice Krispie Treats before. But I felt a little better when B informed me that “rice krispie treats are the easiest things to bake in the world and even children make them” (yes, he instills confidence in me).
Here’s my spin on them. It’s a little different, and includes my FAVORITE CANDY in the world (besides Reese’s .. and cookies and cream bars … and white chocolate … and jelly beans) – Heath Bar! Enjoy.
Toffee Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
Here’s what you need:
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 10-oz bag marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1-2 tbsp milk (I used almond milk because that’s what I had on hand)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 cup Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 c crushed Heath Bar
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and salt and stir until melted. Halfway through the melting process, add Nutella and milk. When smooth, turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, melt semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler, until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool quite a bit.
- Add Rice Krispies to the saucepan. When the Rice Krispies are well covered, add in the mini-marshmallows and continue folding until everything’s combined.
- Immediately press mixture into a thoroughly greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with the Heath Bar candy and then drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Allow to cool and set completely before cutting. Enjoy!! They go well with other Nutella baked goods … including these Peanut Butter, Nutella, Chocolate Pretzel Bars.