I’ve been on a baking spree lately. Seriously, it seems like all I think about all day is baking. And running. When I’m going to bake or run next. I think I may have a baking addiction? Or a brunning addiction? (Baking+Running)
That’s why when Influenster sent me a J’Adore Vox Box, featuring a HUGE family-sized package of HERSHEY’S KISSES, I knew I had to bake with them. I mean, after I opened the bag and devoured a few for breakfast before a run a sensible dessert, I realized I should probably bake with at least some of them. So I did what any blogger would do – I made a Pinterest board for inspiration – and then decided just to pretty much make up a recipe. And thankfully, they came out. They came out beautifully!
Looking for a pretty easy recipe that’s a fun surprise (hey, you don’t know the KISSES are there until you take a bite!)? Or simply want an excuse to buy a lot of HERSHEY’S KISSES? In any case, enjoy!
HERSHEY’S KISSES Stuffed Pretzel Chip Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 c. Special K cereal (optional, but I love the extra crunch)
- 1 c. crushed pretzels
- 1 c. chocolate chips or chunks or whatever chocolate you have on hand
- 1 bag HERSHEY’S KISSES, unwrapped (I used about 30 .. or about less than half of my family sized bag)
Here’s what you do:
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix Special K, oats, crushed pretzels and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added.
- Slowly stir in flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oat-cereal-pretzel-chocolate mixture and combine with batter, mixing with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes, until chilled. This helps the batter from spreading.
- When dough is ready, make about tablespoon sized balls and flatten them with your hand. Gently press Kisses in middle of flattened dough, and wrap dough around it so all you see is a cookie blob (yes, scientific term) and no chocolate is showing. Place dough-covered Kisses on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.
Some thoughts on this recipe:
- I LOVE chocolate covered pretzels, and crunch in my cookies, which is why I added the pretzels. You could likely leave them out.
- I bet this would be just as good with some other fun flavors of KISSES – I haven’t baked with the caramel ones but I imagine those would be AMAZING.
- I had a few of the mini KISSES on hand and I decided to make some smaller cookies. Just so I could eat 2-3 at a time without REALLY eating 2-3 cookies, right?
DISCLOSURE: I received this giant family size package of HERSHEY KISSES (and some other cool products in the J’Adore Vox Box) products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. If by testing them they wanted me to eat or bake with them, then they succeeded. But I think it was a win-win, don’t you agree?
Questions for you:
- How much do you bake? Lately it’s been 1-2x a week. I know, I have a problem. At least my running is closer to 5-6 days a week 🙂 It’s when they switch that I’ll get worried.
- Are you a sweet/salty fan? Yup! Which is why I love pretzel M&Ms, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut M&Ms, etc.
- What’s your go-to baking recipe? I used to be a cupcake baker – but it seems that I’ve gotten myself into a cookie-baking frenzy.
- Is it Friday yet? Sadly, no. But Happy Hump Day!