I’m a big fan of cookies that feature everything. That’s right – I said it – everything. I love compost cookies, monster cookies, an all those cookies that tend to be stuffed with pretty much everything in your pantry.
These aren’t quite everything-in-your pantry cookies, but they’re close. They feature Special K, granola, oatmeal, coconut, peanut m&ms … and more. Which is why I’m calling them Cereal Peanut M&M Cookies. And because breakfast cookies sounds too healthy. These are based one of my favorite recipes – Special K cookies – but have a few extra ingredients.
Cereal Peanut M&M Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 c. granola (try homemade granola or even your favorite store-bought – this time I used TJ’s vanilla granola)
- 2 c Special K cereal
- 3/4 c unsweetened coconut
- 1 c peanut M&Ms
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
Here’s what you do:
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix Special K, oats, granola, coconut , M&Ms and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added.
- Stir in flour mixture slowly, mixing well.
- Stir in oat mixture and mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Make tablespoon sized scoops on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
Want to make them extra special for an upcoming holiday? Add colored sprinkles and M&Ms. For example, I used the Valentine’s special M&Ms and added some red sugar crystals to the dough before baking and POOF! They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day – which is ONE WEEK AWAY!