I LOVE biscotti. I grew up with biscotti – my mom seemed to always have a package of Nonni’s biscotti on hand for desserts, snacks (breakfast…shh), etc. There’s just something deliciously satisfying about the crunch of a good biscotti, paired with some coffee or hot tea. Amiright? And now that I know how to bake them (I’ve made a few different kinds before, including chocolate pistachio biscotti and pumpkin biscotti), I am loving them even more!
Seeking a last minute cookie to bake for the holidays? Okay, I guess it’s not quite last minute yet, but these make the perfect Christmas cookie. The green pistachio and red cranberries are festive – but these really are great all year round. I made these for a holiday party/cookie exchange and recommend you try them out too. The recipe is from B’s mom, and I was so grateful that she shared it with me – so now I’m sharing it with you!
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs + 1 egg set aside for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cup dried cranberries (soak 5 min in hot water)
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine first five ingredients.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Work into dough using hands.
- Drain cranberries and add to dough with pistachios.
- Roll into two logs. Flatten slightly and place on greased pan. Brush with egg wash (1 egg plus 1 Tablespoon cold water).
- Bake for 50 minutes, slice into pieces and bake an additional 10 min. per side. Makes approximately 36 biscotti cookies. Enjoy!
I also made this recipe sheet if you’d like to print out the recipe (click here to download the pdf).
Some questions for you:
- Do you like biscotti?
- What’s a favorite family cookie recipe?