CONGRATS TO Jenna S! Jenna was the winner of my Cleveland Marathon giveaway and has shared that she’s going to also run the 10k. AND, since I’m doing the 5k/10k challenge series (fingers crossed!), I thought it’d be fun to share a few of my favorite things about the Cleveland Marathon 10k.
- The course and energy. You’re running the same race as the half marathon and full marathon (with shorter distance, obviously), so you get to enjoy so many of the same perks! The same crowds, the same (partial) course (HERE’s a link to the course), same entertainment, same refreshments — you get to enjoy it ALL. The 5k is the day before and while I do enjoy it, you don’t get the perks of running the same day as the main events.
- You’re done early. You’re likely done before many of the half and full marathoners, which means you get to 1) start the after-celebration sooner (yes you can enjoy the music and beer too!) and 2) get showered/freshened up and still be back in time to watch the finish! This was a little easier when I lived walking distance from the start, but at least you can get changed and freshen up even if you’re just doing it in a bathroom near the course.
- You FEEL amazing. Okay, I admit it. Sometimes when I’ve run the 10k in the past, I feel like I’m somewhat slacking off because I’m among all these amazing runners who are running 2-4x as long as I am. BUT a 10k is an amazing feat and you should be proud of your accomplishment!
Bonus: If you’ve signed up for the Challenge Series (5k/10k), you get to enjoy so many more perks, like an amazing hoodie, a challenge medal AND a gift.
NOTE: Today is the LAST DAY to sign up for the Challenge Series so get on that NOW if you’re interested! There is NO registration at the Expo! AND TODAY is the last day for online registration in general!
Some questions for you:
- How do you feel about the 10K as a distance?
- What’s your next race on your calendar?