I recently was given a chance to try out some of Gardein’s meatless specialties, and wow, I really like them! I love how easy they are to make, the variety of products they offer (their products are all vegan and kosher AND they also have some gluten free offerings) and the nutrition info on them (for example, this veggie burger has 3 g. fiber, 5 g. protein and 6% of my daily iron).
Anyway, Memorial Day is coming up and that means it’s nearly the unofficial start to summer! Which means it’s also time to get those grills out (B bought a grill recently, too) and cook up some fun summer meals. Here’s a fun way to enjoy some veggie burgers – with a twist!
Gardein Veggie Burgers with Asian-Inspired Slaw
Here’s what you need:
- 4 Gardein Garden Veggie Burgers
- ½ lb. coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup almond (or peanut) butter (NOTE: I make my own so it’s a little more watery than the kind you’d buy at the store. If you buy any kind that’s not natural and it’s thick, you may need to microwave it a bit to loosen it up)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey (for vegan, use pure maple syrup)
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or more) to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped honey roasted peanuts (optional)
- 4 hamburger rolls (I like using challah buns)
Here’s what you do:
- Make the Asian-inspired slaw. This is SO easy. To do so mix almond butter through Sriracha in a bowl with a whisk, or a jar. I like to use a jar and then just shake it up until combined. This will be your dressing.
- Pour dressing over the coleslaw mix. Mix well so cabbage and carrots are coated in dressing. Let sit at room temperature.
- Prepare burgers according to package directions. I like mine grilled or cooked on the stove top.
- Assemble burgers by placing the Garden Veggie Burger patty on the bottom of the bun and top with the slaw. Cap each burger with a bun top. Serve immediately.
Optional: Serve with sweet potato fries with Sriracha mayo (recipe). It’s not vegan but you can use a vegan mayo if you like.
Some questions for you:
- Do you like veggie burgers?
- What’s your go-to meatless grilling recipe?
Disclosure: I was given samples of Gardein’s meatless entrees to try out. All reviews and views are my own.
Linking up with Meatless Monday.