The cool weather, shorter days and snow outside only means one thing for runners — it’s spring marathon training time!
That’s right, just when the weather is at it’s pique for running (sense my sarcasm?), it’s time for us runners to start training again. Lucky for us, we’re a crazy crew and we’re ready to take on the challenge! That’s why I’m excited to share that once again I’m returning as a Cleveland Marathon Ambassador!
That means that I get to promote one of my favorite race series – the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, happening May 19, 2019. Not ready to run a marathon? Race weekend has plenty of options, including a Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 8K, 5K, 1-mile and even a Kids’ Run. And there’s my favorite – the Challenge Series events, where if you run both Saturday and Sunday, you get 3 cool medals and a special gift (gifts have included a fleece blanket, hoodie, etc.)!
What’s in it for you? I get to give away one race entry! This year’s giveaway is taking place somewhere new – my Instagram account. That’s right, head on over to @koskim on Instagram to enter.
And while you’re on Instagram, check out the @Clevemarathon account – I’m taking over their stories today!!
Some fun facts about the Cleveland Marathon:
- The Cleveland Marathon is one of the 50 oldest marathons in the country – it began in 1978 and had the same course until 2004!
- The race was the first to invite elite runners from the Soviet Union to the marathon during the Cold War.
- The 10K was added in 1978, the half marathon event was added in 2005 and the 5K added in 2009.
Ready to run? Check out @koskim on Instagram to enter today. The giveaway will run through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, 1/20. And you get a bonus entry just by commenting on this blog post!
Some questions for you:
- What was the last race you ran?
- Do you like winter running?
And if you don’t win, you can still get 10% off! Use discount code MC2019 when you register.