I recently was given a chance to try out some of Gardein’s meatless specialties, and once again, I love them. Even FW is a fan – he loves their 7 Grain Tenders. All their foods are easy to make and I love the variety of products they have. Plus, it’s vegan and kosher AND some are also gluten free!
With my care package, I was challenged to put together a recipe using Gardein goodies, featuring some Spring/Summer produce items.
Spring and summer in Northeast Ohio bring abundant carrots, zucchini, herbs, etc. All of which are perfect to go in a soup! This easy crock pot soup is perfect for those rainy spring days where all you want is something comforting. Pair with some warm, crusty bread, and you’ve got the ultimate comfort food!
Curried Lentil Soup (featuring Gardein Beefless Ground)
Here’s what you need:
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 large russet potato, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cup green lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups Gardein beefless ground
- shaved Parmesan, optional
Here’s what you do:
- Add all ingredients, minus the Gardein beefless ground to the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After cooked, remove about 3 cups of the soup and add to your blender. Blend it until it’s smooth and creamy. Add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the 2 cups Gardein beefless ground. Stir well and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Top with shaved Parmesan if desired and serve with fresh bread.
Bonus: while my toddler didn’t quite like it (he’s a picky eater), my 10-month-old daughter love it! LM couldn’t get enough!
Nutrition info calculated via MyFitnessPal – I take no credit or blame if it’s incorrect:)
Disclosure: I was given samples of Gardein’s meatless entrees to try out. All reviews and views are my own.
Linking up with Meatless Monday.