CONGRATS TO Jenna S! Jenna was the winner of my Cleveland Marathon giveaway and has shared that she’s going to also run the 10k. AND, since I’m doing the 5k/10k challenge series (fingers crossed!), I thought it’d be fun to share a few of my favorite things about the Cleveland Marathon 10k.
Some of my fellow CLE ambassadors!
- The course and energy. You’re running the same race as the half marathon and full marathon (with shorter distance, obviously), so you get to enjoy so many of the same perks! The same crowds, the same (partial) course (HERE’s a link to the course), same entertainment, same refreshments — you get to enjoy it ALL. The 5k is the day before and while I do enjoy it, you don’t get the perks of running the same day as the main events.
- You’re done early. You’re likely done before many of the half and full marathoners, which means you get to 1) start the after-celebration sooner (yes you can enjoy the music and beer too!) and 2) get showered/freshened up and still be back in time to watch the finish! This was a little easier when I lived walking distance from the start, but at least you can get changed and freshen up even if you’re just doing it in a bathroom near the course.
- You FEEL amazing. Okay, I admit it. Sometimes when I’ve run the 10k in the past, I feel like I’m somewhat slacking off because I’m among all these amazing runners who are running 2-4x as long as I am. BUT a 10k is an amazing feat and you should be proud of your accomplishment!
Bonus: If you’ve signed up for the Challenge Series (5k/10k), you get to enjoy so many more perks, like an amazing hoodie, a challenge medal AND a gift.
NOTE: Today is the LAST DAY to sign up for the Challenge Series so get on that NOW if you’re interested! There is NO registration at the Expo! AND TODAY is the last day for online registration in general!
You may have missed my giveaway, but if you haven’t yet registered for the 10k (or another race), don’t forget you can use my discount code, MCCLE10 for 10% off your registration.
Some questions for you:
- How do you feel about the 10K as a distance?
- What’s your next race on your calendar?
Linking up with My No-Guilt Life, Marcia’s Healthy Slice, and MCM Mama Runs!
It’s one of my FAVORITE times of year … the time of year when Playhouse Square announces its next Broadway season! Earlier this week, I was privileged to get a sneak peek at what’s coming to Cleveland at their Broadway Series Launch Party.
This year, I went with Cuoghi and not only did it made for a fun girls night and of course it was great to start to plan which shows I NEED to see!
Oh yeah, and not only did they announce what shows are coming – BUT SARA BAREILLES WAS THERE. (that’s her below on the left chair)
And not only was Sara Bareilles there (she’s performing as the lead on Broadway starting at the end of March for 6 weeks!), but SHE PERFORMED A SONG FROM THE MUSICAL.
I know, caps overload, but B and I both LOVE Sara and I really liked the movie Waitress back in the day and the song she sang gave me goosebumps.
Besides Waitress, here’s what is coming into town:
On Your Feet
Love Never Dies (did you know there was a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera?!)
What shows am I most excited about? In no order:
- RENT! I love RENT. I saw it many years ago when I was in college and then again when it came to Cleveland a few years ago. I’m so excited it’s back!!!!
- Hamilton! I mean come on – who isn’t excited about Hamilton? It’s in Cleveland for SIX weeks so I hope I can get tickets!
- Waitress! Not only did the song that Sara Bareilles sing haunt me (I’m still listening to it!) but who wouldn’t want to see her songs performed live?
Some questions for you:
- Have you seen any of these shows? Any recommendations?
- What’s the last (or next!) musical you’ve seen?
Disclosure: I was given two complimentary tickets to Playhouse Square’s Broadway launch party. All views on this post are my own. Interested in seeing any of these shows? The only way to guarantee your seats right now is to get season tickets.