I’m not crying. I’m not crying. Nope. I’m not crying, I’m just in disbelief that I suddenly have a four year old.
FW turned four last week. He is no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, and sometimes when I look at him, I get a glimpse of what he may look like as a teenager. He has his own truly defined personality, his preferences and dislikes, taste in clothing, and more. He loves running (yay!), riding his bike and playing outside. He is an amazing big brother and a great helper, and I cannot imagine or remember life without him. It seems so long ago!
For those of you that don’t know, B, FW and I have some EXCITING news to share.
We are well onto our way in expecting Baby #2!
It’s pretty evident that I’ve been hiding a baby, as you can sorta see in the above photo.
Can’t really see it? Okay, how about now? (Took the sweater off)
Yup! There it is – baby #2 has been hiding. So here are some of the updates for you:
- Baby #2 is due at the end of May.
- Once again, B and I are not finding out if it’s going to be a boy or a girl.
- I’m feeling overall okay. I felt much more nauseous at the beginning of the pregnancy, and now I’m feeling much more tired. I’m still waiting for the second trimester high to kick in … but, I’m thinking that life with a toddler may be preventing that from happening! #sotiredallthetime
- I’m still running! It is MUCH harder for me this time around, and I’m much slower than I was last pregnancy, but I’m happy to be still running (or walk/running) these days, even if it has been a lot of treadmill runs.
- We have so much to do before baby #2 arrives at the house! We have to move FW into a toddler bed (and get him one of those …), we have plans to move him into a different room (the baby will get his room, as it has a built-in diaper changing table that B made), and a few other things. Oh, and somewhat finish our third floor and convert it into a guest room …
- I had no idea the we’d need so much stuff for baby #2 – we were super minimalistic with FW because we were in a tiny apartment, but now that we have a house there are some basic things we’ll need that are still big ticket items – like a comfy chair for the new baby’s room for late night nursing! (In the apartment, I just used our current living room chair)
- We probably have a boy’s name picked out, but still no girl’s name. It was the opposite with FW – we had a girl’s name (which B now no longer likes) but no boy’s name.
So there you go – the news is out! What questions do you have for us? Any tips for being pregnant AND having a toddler? Or surviving life with two kids?
I’ll leave you with this- a photo from when FW was just a newborn. Wow- time flies and I can’t believe we will have another one here in must be few months!
This weekend was sunny, warm and I got to spend it with family – what could be better?
Friday was in the 50s so we started off the afternoon with some swing time with FW. He LOVES swings and it’s so much fun to see him giggle and smile on the swing.
Saturday was another GORGEOUS day. It was nearly 70 degrees! B and I didn’t have much to do until my parents got into town around 5, so I decided to go for what I’d (right now) consider a long-ish run – 6.66 miles. I wore my Sport Skirts skirt, it was that warm!
After the run, B and I took a look at some houses. But before we knew it, it was time for my parents to come! We had some fun playing around the apartment.
And then of course, dinner. We had beers and pizza and salads at Masthead.
Three pizzas for four of us 🙂
Sunday started with brunch at Yours Truly with the 5 of us.
Followed by a nice walk – it was again warm outside, so we went for a walk around the park.
And then snuck in some lunch! No, FW didn’t have anything off the menu – bananas and pears for him 🙂
And that night, we celebrated birthdays with B’s family – our niece turned 9!
And that was our weekend. I’m back at work this morning (jealous to all of you who have off!) after saying goodbye to my parents. It’s always SO hard when they leave … but I know I’ll be seeing them in a few months.
Because it’s Monday, I’m linking up with Katie and the weekly wraps.