After having several weekends in a row with plans and stuff to do, it was nice to have a weekend home with NOTHING on the schedule. Which meant, of course, making big to-do lists (cleaning! filing! working!) but getting none of them done. Which was completely, absolutely fine because what I did get done was probably much more fun. Like doing these 7 things:
7 Ways to Spend a Lazy Weekend
Finished two of the books I was in the middle of! On to Orphan Train next. Any other good summer reads to recommend?
just finished this!
2. Running. a 7.6 miler on Saturday and a 6.6 miler on Sunday. One of these days I’ll get a Garmin so I actually run even numbers.
30+ mi even with two days off from running this week! Full disclosure: I never ran 8 full miles or 7 full: the 8s are mostly 7.6 and the 7 is 6.6- dailymile rounds them up
3. Baking. Once again we had a surplus of blueberries from our CSA, so I whipped up a batch of Blueberry Buttermilk Scones.
as B says, Game of Scones!
4. Pho-ing. Yeah, I know that’s not a word. But Friday night B and I hit up our favorite Pho place for some salads, spring rolls and bun. Sorry, bun not pictured (but enjoyed very much!)
5. Suiteing! Yup, again, stretching it with the word, but B and I enjoyed a fun Indians game on Sunday in after a friend asked us to join him in their company suite.
B found a twin @ the game in our suite!
WINNING after extra innings!
Enjoying the Suite and great weather!
6. Cooking at home. Which meant pasta from Ohio City Pasta (via Fresh Fork) and Limoncello from Italy!
fresh product pickup!
7. Enjoying new flavors of ice cream. Because what summer weekend would be complete without it? Pictured below (sorry it’s somewhat blurry) is orange ginger from Rothschild Creamery!
Orange Ginger Soft Serve!
Despite not cleaning, or doing the work I wanted to, as you can tell, it was a pretty good weekend after all.
Some questions for you:
- Do you enjoy after dinner drinks like Limoncello? What’s your favorite?
- Any fun flavors of ice cream you’ve tried lately?
- What’s a new book I should add to my list?