I know, I just shared with you a ginger cookie recipe – and it also had triple in it. Triple the chips. This one is a little different – it’s triple the ginger! Yum. As you know, I’m a gingerholic so this recipe is definitely for me – and if you’re a gingerholic as well, you will love it!
Triple Ginger Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped (I put mine in the food processor)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup, packed, brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, set aside in a small bowl
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, finely chopped crystallized ginger and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using electric mixer (I love my Kitchenaid!), beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in brown sugar, egg, molasses, fresh ginger, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat until fully combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, beating on low as you combine.
- Roll the dough into about Tablespoon sized balls and roll in granulated sugar to coat. Place coated dough balls on baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and then enjoy.
I LOVE these cookies. B loved these cookies. My mom loved these cookies. I am definitely going to be making these again. They’re much more gingery than the last ginger cookie recipe I made and I think I may add in some chocolate next time too. YUM!
Questions for you:
- Do you like ginger and/or spice cookies?
- What’s your favorite cookie?