I had the perfect three-day weekend. Despite the lack of warm, sunny weather (thus squashing my plan to just sit on my patio or at the beach with a book all weekend), I enjoyed every second of it. It was my ideal weekend – partially productive, partially lazy, and partially fun/partying. That’s right – I have created the formula for the perfect 3 day weekend:
1 Part Productivity
How was I productive? Let me see. I cleaned our bathroom, our kitchen, and one of my drawers (I even got rid of 2 shirts!). I finished two books I was reading. I baked cookies, made two appetizers for our Memorial Day bbq and even cooked dinner one night (which shouldn’t be a big deal, but we hadn’t planned on eating in at all this weekend). I got a haircut AND a pedicure (this may go into the laziness section, feel free to disagree). I ran each day of my weekend, including one day when I ran 6ish miles TO Starbucks, where I met B and them we went grocery shopping. Oh yeah, so we also went grocery shopping – both Giant Eagle AND the West Side Market, so we’re stocked up on fresh produce for the entire week.
1 Part Partying
Saturday, B and I went to the wedding of one of his coworkers. It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony at the Glidden House in Cleveland. Of course, like most weddings, the night involved lots of dancing and imbibing. Congrats to Sean and Danielle!
1 Part Laziness
The morning after the “partying” part, I felt like just laying in bed all morning. So that’s what I did. I made myself breakfast, then went back to bed to watch some glorious TV. A few minutes of Extreme Couponers? Why not. The Sex and the City movie? Perfect! The beginning of that J-Lo movie where she wants to have a baby and gives up on finding her perfect man so she has artificial insemination and becomes pregnant and guess what – that’s when she finds the perfect guy – sure! I even caught part of an old Hillary Duff movie, The Perfect Man, which had some awesome cameos of stars I watch now, including a girl from Glee AND a guy from Mad Men! And I made a new running playlist, so that when I DID get out of bed, I’d have the perfect mix to run to.
See, that guy is from Mad Men. How cute is he as Hillary Duff’s admirer? (sorry for the weird subtitles, it’s the best clip I could find)
Cheers to a wonderful weekend!
Some questions for you:
- How did you spend your three-day weekend? Were you lazy? Productive? Both?
- What’s your idea of a perfect long weekend?
- Did you get in any runs this weekend?
- How long do you typically go between haircuts? The haircut gods wont like this, but my last haircut before this weekend had been May 2012, after marathon training. Yes, it had been JUST over a year since I had gotten my hair chopped off last.
- What’s on your running mix?
- Do you have any plans for the four-day week? I’ve got something in store for each day – from a happy hour, to a Cause Mob, to a DCA City Advocates meeting, to an Indians Game, to the U.S. Belgium Soccer Game, it’s going to be a great week!