This week marked a bittersweet week of running. Why is that? Because it was my last week of running as a downtown Clevelander.
We are moving to the BURBS! We’ll have a house and new running paths and trails and more areas to explore, but I’m going to miss a few things about my downtown running life:
- Being so close to the running of the bridges – it’s so nice to “run the bridges” either by myself (it’s a 4-5 mi loop depending on what route I take) or with the organized group
- Being able to run to the flats, the river, the lake, etc.
- Having a gym in my apartment building for those days when I can’t/don’t wanna get outside – this means a treadmill AND elliptical for the non-running days
- Being walking distance to SO MANY races (including the Cleveland Marathon!)
So, how did this week hold up? I got in 20+ miles finally – I’m still feeling slow and a little off, but my mileage was back up!
This week’s total: ~27 miles.
Here’s a scene from my last run across the bridges on Saturday:
And my last picture with FW in the apartment after a run:
Some questions for you:
- Do you have a gym in your building or a treadmill or elliptical you use?
- Those of you who live in the suburbs – what do you like about running around your neighborhoods?
Linking up with My No-Guilt Life, Marcia’s Healthy Slice, and MCM Mama Runs!