A few weeks before Christmas, my cousin posted on my Facebook wall, “So I heard your looking for cookie suggestions.. well I have a BROWNIE suggestion – fudge peanut butter caramel brownie.” Um, fudge + caramel + peanut butter? Challenge accepted!
Instead of scouring the web for what I’m sure already exists (I know there has to be a Peanut Butter Caramel Fudge Brownie Recipe out there) I decided to just make up something pretty similar. Okay I’ll admit it – this is a semi-homemade recipe. I happen to love brownie mix brownies. Yes, I have a few favorite brownies recipes (including this one), but when it comes to brownies that have frosting and other goodness, I find that I rely on good-ole brownie mix and nobody is any wiser. Add Rolos and homemade peanut butter frosting? Even better.
Looking for an easy, pretty delicious sweet recipe for your next get-together? Want to please a chocolate lover? Here you go!
Rolo Stuffed Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Here’s what you need:
For the brownies (makes 12):
- A box of brownie mix (see, I told you it’s easy! I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix… but if you must, feel free to use your own favorite brownie recipe)
- Ingredients required per brownie mix box (mine had oil, water and eggs)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 Rolos
For the peanut butter frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 – 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs milk (I used original almond milk, because that’s what I have on hand)
- 2-3 Rolos, chopped up
Here’s what you do:
For the brownies:
- Prepare brownie batter per directions on box.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 prepared pan. I lined mine with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the Rolos and place them evenly into batter softly, about one inch apart so that there are about one Rolo per brownie when cooked.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Beat peanut butter and butter until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup or so at a time until frosting stiffens.
- Add milk. Continue mixing until creamy.
- Frost brownies! Chop up the remaining Rolos and sprinkle on top of frosted brownies.