A few weeks before Christmas, my cousin posted on my Facebook wall, “So I heard your looking for cookie suggestions.. well I have a BROWNIE suggestion – fudge peanut butter caramel brownie.” Um, fudge + caramel + peanut butter? Challenge accepted!
Instead of scouring the web for what I’m sure already exists (I know there has to be a Peanut Butter Caramel Fudge Brownie Recipe out there) I decided to just make up something pretty similar. Okay I’ll admit it – this is a semi-homemade recipe. I happen to love brownie mix brownies. Yes, I have a few favorite brownies recipes (including this one), but when it comes to brownies that have frosting and other goodness, I find that I rely on good-ole brownie mix and nobody is any wiser. Add Rolos and homemade peanut butter frosting? Even better.
Looking for an easy, pretty delicious sweet recipe for your next get-together? Want to please a chocolate lover? Here you go!
Rolo Stuffed Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Here’s what you need:
For the brownies (makes 12):
- A box of brownie mix (see, I told you it’s easy! I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix… but if you must, feel free to use your own favorite brownie recipe)
- Ingredients required per brownie mix box (mine had oil, water and eggs)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 Rolos
For the peanut butter frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 – 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs milk (I used original almond milk, because that’s what I have on hand)
- 2-3 Rolos, chopped up
Here’s what you do:
For the brownies:
- Prepare brownie batter per directions on box.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 prepared pan. I lined mine with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the Rolos and place them evenly into batter softly, about one inch apart so that there are about one Rolo per brownie when cooked.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Beat peanut butter and butter until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup or so at a time until frosting stiffens.
- Add milk. Continue mixing until creamy.
- Frost brownies! Chop up the remaining Rolos and sprinkle on top of frosted brownies.
One thought on “Rolo Stuffed Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting (a.k.a. You Haven’t Lived Yet)”
Just recently discovered your blog! Rolos are one of my favorite candies, so I’m definitely going to have to give this a shot 🙂