Yikes. There is suddenly less than one week until Christmas? I know what you’re thinking – that’s plenty of time to get my holiday baking done, right? Well, okay … it probably is. But if you’re looking for a sweet treat to make that won’t take too much time so that you still have time for some holiday shopping (or napping) then this one’s for you! This bark is sweet, delicious and takes no time to make (and no oven to preheat). Pack it up in a fun container and you have the perfect hostess gift (it pairs well with a bottle of wine too …. just saying) for a holiday gathering this year.
White Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Bark
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped / crushed andy canes (about 2-3 regular ones or 8-10 mini candy canes)
- 12 holiday (red creme) Oreos, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Red/green/white sprinkles (optional)
Here is what you do:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Mine took about 1 minute 30 seconds to melt and I heated them up at 30 second intervals, stirring after each Pour onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and spread flat with a spatula.Let cool for at last 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and melt like you did with the chocolate chips, stirring about every 30 seconds. Pour over chocolate layer and spread to the edges of the milk chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped candy canes, chopped Oreos and sprinkles.
- Chill until set, then break into pieces enjoy!
Some questions for you:
- What’s your go-to hostess gift?
- Do you still have some last minute shopping to do?
- Who is the hardest on your list to get gifts for?