Those of you that know me know that I’ve grown to love and embrace my new (is it still new if I’ve been here 7 years?) city, Cleveland. I’m always celebrating Cleveland and telling friends and family who are not from here how great it is and what the city has to offer.
One of the things I love about this city is our amazing theaters and performances that I’m lucky enough to attend and are literally a walk away from my apartment. As you may know, Playhouse Square is the country’s largest performing arts center outside of New York City. This week, I was lucky enough to be invited to the 2015-2016Broadway Series Launch Party AND I got to go with my sister-in-law Mary for a lovely girls night!
Some highlights from the event:
Trying out a selfie stick thanks to the Playhouse Square crew (including a former intern of mine!)
Wearing a media pass! (and being at a non-work related event and doing so)
Playing around at the Playhouse Square photo booth!
AND for what you’ve all been waiting for – at the party, I got to hear what shows are coming to Cleveland next season. Here’s what’s coming to town!
- Bullets Over Broadway
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
- Beautiful (The Carole King Musical)
- Steel Magnolias
- Phantom of the Opera
What am I most excited about? If I had to choose only 3:
- I’m SO excited for some of these shows, especially Matilda. I LOVED the book growing up and then the movie and am so ready to see the show brought to life on stage!
2. If/Then looks really interesting and good. I love the plot line (a 30-something year old woman trying to determine her future, find herself, etc.) AND I’ve heard it’s MADE for RENT fans (ahem – me!)
3. Phantom. Okay, so I’ll admit I’m not the typical theatre junkie and obsessed with Phantom of the Opera, but B likes it and I want to give it another try. And in all honesty, the sat time I saw it we were behind a family that talked the whole time so hopefully this time with better seats I can enjoy it more.
Bonus: Beautiful. We got to hear several performances from this musical and they were incredible. I don’t know much about Carole King, or her music, but the show looks great and I’d love to learn more!
Interested in seeing any of these shows? Become a Season Ticket holder to secure your seats now!
Some questions for you:
- Okay, have you seen any of these shows? Any recommendations?
- Do you have a favorite musical or one you’ve seen over and over again? Wicked and RENT and Newsies. Can I have more than one?
- Have you used a selfie stick?
Disclosure: I was given two complimentary tickets to Playhouse Square’s Broadway launch party, as well as access to the post-party media event. All views on this post are my own.