You guys – guess what?! I’m so excited to be doing a giveaway for one of my favorite events coming up – the Cleveland Marathon!
As a Cleveland Marathon Ambassador, you’ve probably noticed I’ve been sharing my training schedule and how my weeks have gone. One of the perks I get from being an ambassador is that I also get to give away a race entry to one of you! You could receive one complimentary race code for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon 10K, Half-Marathon or Full Marathon events that will be on May 17, 2015.
But first, why do I think you should register?
- I like the course! I’ve only run the half but in my opinion, it’s a good view. Cleveland is a city of many neighborhoods and running the race (half, full and 10K) allows you to get a glimpse at some of these. The course is great – while there are some hills (including one near the end … ugh), it’s relatively flat and offers a variety of scenes. Whether you’re downtown or by the lake or in the nearby Ohio City neighborhood or near westside suburban areas of Lakewood and Rocky River, there are different things to see so you don’t get bored.
- The spectators! The spectators are great. Just as our neighborhoods are diverse, so are the spectators – but they’re all cheering you on, excited to see you, holding signs, water, snacks and even beer for the runners. I remember local high school bands playing for us along the route – that was also something great.
- The history: The Cleveland Marathon is one of the 50 oldest marathons in the country – while I’m sure the course (and scenery) has changed throughout the years, it’s great to run in a race that you know has so much history.
Did I persuade you to run? If you haven’t registered, you can win registration.
Here’s how to enter – these are all worthy of separate entries so – please leave a separate comment for each way you choose to participate!
- Leave a comment on this post. You can explain why you want to run the race OR if you’ve run before, your favorite part of the race. OR just tell me your favorite running mantra. What keeps you going?
- Follow @koskim (me!) on Twitter and leave comment telling me you did.
- Follow @koskim (me!) on Instagram and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Follow @clevemarathon on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you did
- Tweet the following: “I want to run the @clevemarathon with @koskim! http://bit.ly/1y5y1mS #runcle #clemarathon” and leave a comment telling me you did. You can do this once a day for the entire contest time, just remember to leave comments for each time you do it!
The giveaway will run through midnight Eastern Time on Thursday, April 9 – I’ll announce a winner Friday, April 10.
38 thoughts on “GIVEAWAY: Cleveland Marathon (or half … 10k … etc.) Registration!”
It’s been 2 years since I ran Cleveland. I ran the marathon and wasn’t prepared for the heat. I need a redemption run. Cleveland was also my first ever marathon back in 2008. I’ve ran 18 marathons since then in 10 states and in two continents. Help me #RunMore this year with a free entry so I can use the money for Cleveland on another marathon adventure.
On the run,
Just followed you on twitter
“I want to run the @clevemarathon with @koskim! http://bit.ly/1y5y1mS #runcle #clemarathon” tweeted!!!
Followed on Instagram
And I have followed @clevemarathon for years
I want to run the Cleveland marathon because I missed the half I was training for all winter due to weather.
I followed you on IG and Twitter (@beckettsaunt) and I follow Cleveland Marathon as well
Okay, I entered all of the categories! I’m not in Cleveland, and I don’t know if that makes a difference for your giveaway, but I am all about traveling and running in new places. I actually turn 25 on May 12th and recently had the revelation that there are so many thing I want to do in my life, and one of them is saying YES to exciting and scary opportunities. And I’m saying YES to yours. Id love to run Cleveland. Thank you for hosting this!
i tweeted about the contest
I followed you on twitter (@hayley_lyons)
I followed you on Instagram (@haylsthelyon)
I want to run CLE because it would give me a reason to get my butt from AKR to CLE for a race!
I follow you on twitter! 🙂
I follow you on instagram! 🙂
I follow CLE Marathon on twitter too! 🙂
I want to run the Cleveland marathon again because I love having the opportunity to run with my family members and challenge them to a race! It’s also a great opportunity to see the city and meet new folks along the course! It reminds me of just how amazing the city of Cleveland is and just how kind and encouraging people that run are. It builds community all while working on our health and wellness!
Totally forgot to post my tweet from yesterday!
and I tweeted today!
Year #2 for me running the Cleveland half! I love the challenge and the reward at the end!
And I followed both you and the marathon and tweeted today!
I tweeted again! 🙂
I want to run cle because I’m trying to set a world record in fastest full marathon in football pads. If I get a free entry this means more money can go to the American cancer society. I already follow @clevmarathon and now follow you!
I tweeted again today!
I want to run Cleveland for so many reasons! I am finally running after dreaming of it for 30 years and it has changed my life. I’d love the chance to experience Cleveland in this unique way. The race is also on my brother’s birthday.
I follow you on twitter!
I follow the Cleve marathon acct on twitter!
I follow on Instagram 🙂
I want to run the race so I can experience nearly all the fabulous Cleveland neighborhoods in one swing! I like running in urban settings because I don’t get bored and this race allows for a lot of visual stimulation. I would run the half marathon. I tell myself ten feet is better than nothing so even if I have a crappy run, it makes me feel better!
I tweeted again today!
I love the Cleveland Marathon! It is such a great race and to your point Melissa the spectators are great! It is so much fun to run through the west side and see all the different scenes and people out on the route cheering you on! Getting towards the end of the half marathon course its always nice to see all the people cheering you home!
I didn’t run the race last year but I did the two years previous and it is so fun and a great way to kick off summer! I am really excited about this years race, I have been training all winter and its finally nice to get outside to run!
Hey! I tweeted you about the Cleveland Marathon and followed the Cleveland Marathon on Instagram (I already followed you). I did comment on your IG post about the Cleveland Marathon when you were in San Fran!
I want to run the Cleveland Half with you Melissa but I think you are going to burn right by me! What is your time going be? 1:30:00?
I ran the race once (last year) and it was a neat “ode to cleveland” experience for me. I was able to share pictures I secretly took while I was running (I know, bad idea) to show my friends and family back home in Youngstown how amazing of a city this is and why this marathon is an amazing course! I would run the half again.
I tweeted again! 😀
I wan to run CLE because it’s flat & fast and one of the BEST courses to BQ–my GOAL! Also, eating Melt afterward because I miss it here in DC! 🙂
P.s. Followed you on twitter.
One. Last. TWEET. Cause guess what?? I REALLY want to run this race!!
And I really want this to motivate me!