One of my favorite dessert cookbooks is my Magnolia cookbook. There are so many good cookies, cakes, cupcakes, bars, and more – I need to seriously go through and start making more of the recipes! (hmm, a 2015 goal?)
Anyway, I was looking for a peanut butter chocolate recipe and came upon the recipe for peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. I slightly modified it based on the ingredients I had (basically adding Reese’s and peanuts) and boom – this recipe was born. Seeking something chocolate and peanut buttery? Try it for yourself!
Peanut butter chocolate chip Reese’s cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped and chilled
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or Kitchenaid mixer, beat butter and the peanut butter together until mixed well and smooth.
- Add sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, and mix well.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and about half of Reese’s cups.
- Roll dough and drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a fork or spatula, lightly push down on the cookies. Lightly press chopped Reese’s on top of cookies before baking.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until done! Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1-2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy! Serve with milk 🙂
Some questions for you:
- Do you have a favorite cookbook? What is it?
- What is a good peanut butter recipe you enjoy? These Magnolia peanut butter cookies.
- Have you ever been to Magnolia in NY? What’s your go-to order? Banana pudding! A rec. from my brother and so so good.