As we get to the unofficial start of summer, I realize I haven’t been so great about my weekend recap posts this month. Jinkies! (yes, cue the Mystery Machine) So here is a random Friday Five to catch you up to speed. Don’t worry – I hope have more weekend update posts AND some new baked goods recipes coming soon (butterscotch chocolate chip cookies and ginger cookies!).
Friday 5: 5 Random Things
1. I signed up for the new Rock Hall Half Marathon! Blame it on the runner’s high – last weekend was the Cleveland Marathon (recap here). I was lucky enough to be an Ambassador and hang out with these lovely people AND run with B. (Yes, I did write about this but I just had to share it again because I’m still feeling the high from the event!)
2. Earlier this month was the St. Martin De Porres Birthday Bash. I went with B and his family and we got all dressed up and celebrated/raised money for St. Martin De Porres High School at the Cleveland Art Museum. Such a great venue – and a great cause!
3. I’ve been baking up a storm this month. Some things have included ginger chocolate biscotti, butterscotch cookies, butterscotch chocolate chip cookies, triple ginger cookies. Yum! Recipes coming soon (hopefully).
4. B and I finally got around to making one of the recipes we learned in Vietnam this year – spring rolls! Our contribution to Mother’s Day (theme: small plates) were these shrimp and pork spring rolls with peanut sauce. So delicious!
5. A client of mine, Donate Life Ohio, recently kicked off a #DonateKindness campaign. They are encouraging people to take 2 minutes of their day to commit to an act of kindness toward someone else. (And of course, it only takes 2 minutes to do the ultimate act of kindness – register as an organ, eye or tissue donor) I participated already and can’t wait to do it again – I shipped some baked goods (see aforementioned treats) to some friends and family as a surprise!
Some questions for you:
- Have you done any random acts of kindness lately? What have you done?
- What is a good Memorial Day appetizer or dessert to bring to a party? I need ideas!
2 thoughts on “Friday Five: May Randomness”
All those cookies look so good! I haven’t had a good biscotti in a long time! And those spring rolls! Gotta love the runners high, haha, makes you do all sorts of crazy things!
I always think of flags for Memorial Day so how about a flag cake or fruit skewers with strawberries, blue berries and bananas for red white and blue?
Have fun at the half! I’m running Akron and I think that’s going to be my only big race for the year (mostly because golf has taken over my life!)
I like bringing cupcakes because they’re easy to make and they are delicious!!