Week one of Cleveland half marathon training is done!
I’ll be honest, while I pretty much was able to follow the plan, it wasn’t my best week ever. I was still feeling under the weather and then Fri/Sat came down with an eye infection (yay!) so overall haven’t been myself lately. But the week is done and here it is:
That brings my February total to 85 miles.
The next week includes pretty similar training, but with a 30 min tempo run instead of the intervals and a 6-mile run instead of 5 miles. I’m not going to be home Saturday, so I’ll probably try to run my 6 on Friday. We’ll see how that plays out!
This week’s Tuesday Topic is running wish list. What’s on my wish list for training?
- A healthy, injury-free training season. I’m so tired of being sick and would love to stay healthy this season!
- Sleep! I’m seriously lacking in the sleep department with 2 kids under the age of 3, including a 9 month old who still doesn’t sleep through the night every night. And I notice that on the nights I get 7-8 hours, I run much better than the nights I’m getting 4 and waking up lots.
- New shoes. I’ve got 500+ miles on my grey Saucony Ride 10s, but can’t seem to find a similar pair I like right now. I will keep looking, but for now am running in some Ride 9s.
Some questions for you:
- What kind of shoes do you run in?
- Do you follow a specific training program?
Note: I am a Cleveland marathon ambassador! That means I get free race entry for me, and a free race entry to giveaway.
Wanna run CLE with me? Don’t forget, I have a 10% discount for you!