Did you know that yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Day? I didn’t either, until my coworker Cari told me. I must have been psychic, though – I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies and bring them into work.
I’ve been on a quest to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie for quite a while. They tend to either come out flat, or too doughy, or too floury tasting. Well, the wait is over – I’ve found the PERFECT recipe. I am never using a different recipe again. These came out not only tasting great, but also looking perfect (if I do say so myself). And of course, I’m sharing the goodness with you!
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie:
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature and slightly soft
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix together baking soda, salt and flour. Add to sugar mixture and DON’T over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chip with a spatula. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 12 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven, or until edges are slightly browned. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn.
- Cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!