This week, my office his hosting another event to support this weekend’s Pelotonia event – and this time we’re hosting a potluck! I of course wanted to use the occasion to bake something from my ever-growing baking recipe wish list and Pinterest cookies page, but how to choose? I decided to share my baking Pinterest boards with Samantha, whose birthday is the same day as the potluck, and asked her what she’d like to try. As soon as she mentioned the Butterfinger Blondies recipe, I knew that was it. I had to make them! And they came out divine! Love Butterfinger candy? Love cookies? Then you’ve gotta try out this simple recipe.
Butterfinger Cookie Bars with Butterfinger Cream Frosting (from Six Sisters’ Stuff)
Here’s what you need:
For the cookie batter:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (I used 1/2 c Eggbeaters)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 cups roughly chopped Butterfinger Bars (I chopped up 17 Fun Size bars)
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 5 Fun Size bars)
Here’s what you do:
For the cookies:
- Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) until just evenly mixed.
- Using a spatula, stir in the chopped Butterfinger bars.
- Spread in a 9×13 baking dish. Batter will be sticky!
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350° preheated oven. Toothpick inserted into cookie bars should come out clean when completely done.
- Cool before frosting.
For the Butterfinger cream frosting:
- Cream the butter and shortening until mixed together.
- Slowly add in you powdered sugar. After desired consistency is achieved, mix together thoroughly.
- Stir in about half the chopped Butterfinger.
- Spread Butterfinger cream frosting on your cooled cookie bars.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped Butterfinger on top of the frosting after spreading.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
One thought on “Butterfinger Cookie Bars”
Pingback: Peanut Butter Butterfinger Fudge Bars! (and happy birthday to Samantha) | I Crashed The Web