Last weekend, B and I went camping with a few friends. Each person was in charge of bringing a specific food item, and in addition to bringing lunch for Saturday, we were slated to also share in bringing dessert. In fact, next to desserts, the list read, “Snacks & Desserts – Everybody bring some, but I have high expectations for Melissa’s desserts.” Yipes! So the pressure was on. So not only did I bring the AMAZING cookie dough balls (which were a hit) – but also decided to bring some Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oreo cookie bars! Who doesn’t like peanut butter AND Oreos?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oreo Bars
(Inspired by Picky Palate)
Here’s what you need:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg (per usual, I used 1/4 c. Egg Beaters)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c peanut butter chips
- 2 cups mini Oreos
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla; continue to mix.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to wet ingredients, and combine until a sticky yet firm dough forms.
- Add chips and mini Oreo cookies and stir lightly with a spatula so the Oreos don’t crumble.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking dish. Dough will be sticky – I had to use my hands to spread it out on the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool before cutting. Serve with milk – or if you’re like me, bring on your next camping trip because they definitely traveled well!