Fall is here! Fall is here! Which means .. it’s time for baking with, cooking with and eating pumpkin!
Earlier this week I mentioned that I had missed National Homemade Cookie Day. Fear not – I celebrated last night instead, baking some pumpkin butterscotch white chocolate chip cookies. AND since we’re having a pumpkin party today at work (yes, my job is that awesome) – I brought some in to share!
Looking for a hand-held, sweet, moist (yes, your favorite word) way to enjoy some pumpkin? Here you go – enjoy!
Pumpkin Butterscotch White Chip Bars
(modified from The Girl Who Ate Everything)
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg (I used 1/4 cup Egg Beaters)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (About 1/2 of a 15 oz can)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Here’s what you do:
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla. Combine with an electric mixer. Add in pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt. Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in the white chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a 13×9 greased pan for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. They’ll be moist, but cooked.
Enjoy! More pumpkin recipes to come 🙂