Peanut butter and chocolate. What other flavor combination makes your mouth water? What other flavor combination produces some of the best desserts ever? (like homemade Buckeyes, Surprise Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oreo Bars)
That’s why, when I was asked to bring cookies to an event, B suggested that I bring Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – a recipe my mom had made when I was growing up, and one that I often forget about. Now you can make them too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
(from the back of the Reese’s peanut butter chip bag … and my mom)
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (one package of Reese’s peanut butter chips)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. I used Pam.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients — the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt — and slowly stir into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips. Try not to eat too many before adding to the batter! They’re SO good.
- Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Cool on wire racks.
Enjoy! Hopefully more peanut butter and chocolate recipes are coming 🙂
One thought on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies”
Pingback: A wonderful Cleveland holiday | I Crashed The Web