Can you believe it’s already April? I can’t. From the colder than usual temps, occasional snow flurries, and general disbelief that April means B and I will soon be approaching my second wedding anniversary, it’s hard to believe that we’re already on Q2 of 2013. That being said, I’m still on pace to meet my goal of 1,000 miles this year! March was good to me. Despite the cooler temps, I managed to make 113 miles for March, which included quite a few treadmill runs, a few longer outdoor runs, and even a half marathon in South Bend, Indiana.
Month by month, here’s where I stand:
January: 136 miles
February: 111 miles
March: 113 miles
Year to date: 360 miles
Here’s how the weeks have gone:
First week in March
Highlights: got in an 11 miler on Friday after work! It made for a VERY enjoyable and relaxing Saturday:)
Second week in March
Third week in March
Highlights: Notre Dame Holy Half!
Last week in March
This month, I’m looking forward to so many things! In particular:
- Warmer weather! I can’t wait to run in a t-shirt and shorts
- New spring running clothes! I’m due for a new tank top or two
- The Cleveland 10 Miler – B will be unavailable but I’m thinking of running this 10 mile race on my own! (You may recall last year we did the race as part of our 20 mile training run)
- Reading What I Talk About When I Talk About Running – my brother got me this as a birthday gift and I can’t wait to break it open! Thanks Greg 🙂
- What’s your favorite spring running gear? Where is your favorite place to shop for running clothes?
- Have you read What I Talk About When I Talk About Running? What did you think?
- What’s your favorite running book?