I can’t stop making zucchini noodles. Seriously, I love my zoodler (okay I guess the correct term is spiralizer). It’s so easy to use and makes cooking vegetables SO MUCH FUN and getting B to eat veggies SO EASY. Spoiler – if you read my blog often you know that B is not my child; however, in the past few years he’s gotten much better about eating vegetables. One of the ways? Creative usage of veggies. And this recipe definitely counts. I mean, who doesn’t love oodles of peanut buttery sauce with their noodles (see what I did there?)… now, just substitute with zucchini and it’s even better!
Want a Thai-inspired, delicious meatless meal? Here you go. Oh, and while we were eating this, B said, “What’s in this sauce? I would definitely eat this again.”
Zoodles with Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce
Makes 2-3 servings.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- 1/4 lime, for garnish (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 Tablespoons of peanut butter
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 Tablespoons water, to thin out the sauce somewhat
Here’s what you do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, honey and red pepper flakes. Add water if needed to thin out the sauce – should be a thin paste. The zucchini will thin out the sauce even more later. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil and diced shallot and saute for 4-5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
- Turn down heat and add in zucchini and carrot noodles. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini is heated through and at the texture of your liking – B likes his zoodles somewhat softened and not as al dente so I cook mine for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove noodles and add to the large bowl with the sauce. Toss until noodles are well-coated.
- Serve and garnish with peanuts. Enjoy!
Interested in a not-so-meatless version? I added shrimp to B’s dish and cooked them with the shallots first before adding in the zucchini. See?
For more posts on my love for zoodles and some recipes, here you go: https://icrashedtheweb.com/tag/zoodles/
Some questions for you:
- Do you have a spiralizer yet? What do you make with it?
- What’s the best vegetarian meal you’ve eaten lately?
13 thoughts on “Meatless Monday: Zoodles with Spicy Asian Peanut Sauce”
Yummmmyy! I love peanut sauce, and giving it that little kick makes it even better! You are making me jealous that I do not have a spiralizer though….booo! Thanks for linking up with us today 🙂
Ah love it! I’m a sucker for any type of asian peanut sauce! SOOOO good!
oh wow yum! Right up my alley. I love peanut sauce. Thanks for linking up with us today!
I have been so obsessed with zoodles – had them 5 nights in a row!!! Can’t wait to put this peanut sauce on them – yum!!!
This looks really yummy. I want to make this tonight!
You should! It’s so easy and so delicious.
Yum! One of my favorite meals is sweet potato zoodle pad thai!
Oh my goodness- I want to make that! Recipe?
Peanut dressing is my favorite…yum!
i don’t think even peanut sauce would get my husb to try zoodles, but this looks great to me!
Haha, I thought the same thing but my husband finally told me he’d try anything and he likes them this way – and with the avocado pesto too!
I want to make this!!! And I love the name Zoodler. Much better than spiralizer.
This looks awesome! I am not a high noodle fan so I love the zoodle idea, and love PB!!