I know, I just shared with you a ginger cookie recipe – and it also had triple in it. Triple the chips. This one is a little different – it’s triple the ginger! Yum. As you know, I’m a gingerholic so this recipe is definitely for me – and if you’re a gingerholic as well, you will love it!
Triple Ginger Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped (I put mine in the food processor)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup, packed, brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, set aside in a small bowl
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, finely chopped crystallized ginger and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using electric mixer (I love my Kitchenaid!), beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in brown sugar, egg, molasses, fresh ginger, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat until fully combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, beating on low as you combine.
- Roll the dough into about Tablespoon sized balls and roll in granulated sugar to coat. Place coated dough balls on baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and then enjoy.
I LOVE these cookies. B loved these cookies. My mom loved these cookies. I am definitely going to be making these again. They’re much more gingery than the last ginger cookie recipe I made and I think I may add in some chocolate next time too. YUM!
Questions for you:
- Do you like ginger and/or spice cookies?
- What’s your favorite cookie?
4 thoughts on “Triple The Ginger Ginger Cookies”
mmmm ginger cookies are one of my faaaves. my mom would love these, i’ll have to make them for her!
My mom loved these too!
I’m a huge fan of ginger cookies! Yours sounds amazing and I’ll definitely give them a try 😉
Pingback: Ask A New Mom: Melissa at I Crashed the Web – The Last Mommy Blog