Earlier this week I was treated to a delicious dinner and night out, courtesy of Treat. While we were there, we were asked what we wanted to be treated to on Mother’s Day. Since I’m not a mom, I started to think – how would I like to treat my mom?
My mom and dad were married almost exactly 30 years ago (Happy early 30th anniversary!). A few years after that, I was born. And my mom’s life was never the same. I’m sure I changed her life in so many wonderful ways – but I know that it times it wasn’t easy. I wasn’t a bad kid or a problem child (I don’t think so, at least) but I know times weren’t always peachy. Come on – remember your teenage girl years? Now imagine having to be a mom to that? See what I mean? Exactly!
So mom – thank you! Thank you for all these years – for everything! If I had all the money in the world, here are the ways I’d treat you:
- A year’s worth of pedicures.
- Fresh, homemade pasta, delivered to your door on a weekly basis.
- A whole lotta Tiffany jewelry, because why not?
- Fresh flowers, delivered every week.
- Wine of the month club – but in the smaller single glass bottles, so you and Dad could share them.
- A personal dog-walker, for the rainy or snowy days that you don’t feel like taking Queenie out.
- An apartment in Cleveland, so you’d be able to visit whenever you wanted.
- An apartment in NYC, so you’d be able to visit your family (or getaway!) whenever you wanted.
- A private jet, so you could pick me up and I could join you for those pedicures 🙂
One thought on “To My Mom, for Mother’s Day”
Great post. Your mom must be great…. like mother, like daughter. Glad you enjoyed your night out and learning about Treat Cards. I really enjoyed meeting you in person. Thankful for Twitter and the amazing women I’ve met via social media. Enjoy your weekend with Mom.