Earlier this week I was treated to a delicious dinner and night out, courtesy of Treat. While we were there, we were asked what we wanted to be treated to on Mother’s Day. Since I’m not a mom, I started to think – how would I like to treat my mom?
My mom and dad were married almost exactly 30 years ago (Happy early 30th anniversary!). A few years after that, I was born. And my mom’s life was never the same. I’m sure I changed her life in so many wonderful ways – but I know that it times it wasn’t easy. I wasn’t a bad kid or a problem child (I don’t think so, at least) but I know times weren’t always peachy. Come on – remember your teenage girl years? Now imagine having to be a mom to that? See what I mean? Exactly!
So mom – thank you! Thank you for all these years – for everything! If I had all the money in the world, here are the ways I’d treat you:
- A year’s worth of pedicures.
- Fresh, homemade pasta, delivered to your door on a weekly basis.
- A whole lotta Tiffany jewelry, because why not?
- Fresh flowers, delivered every week.
- Wine of the month club – but in the smaller single glass bottles, so you and Dad could share them.
- A personal dog-walker, for the rainy or snowy days that you don’t feel like taking Queenie out.
- An apartment in Cleveland, so you’d be able to visit whenever you wanted.
- An apartment in NYC, so you’d be able to visit your family (or getaway!) whenever you wanted.
- A private jet, so you could pick me up and I could join you for those pedicures