I know, I know – I’ve been on a peanut butter chocolate kick lately. It started with the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars, then with the cookies, and now these. But THESE I assure you are worth it. If you’re a fan of fudgey brownies and creamy peanut butter – all combined – then you MUST MUST MUST make these. I made them a few times, experimenting with a few different things, but I think this is the perfect combination. They are addicting, rich and sinful – so make sure you have some friends to share these with!
Layered peanut butter chocolate brownie bars
Inspired by this recipe.
Here’s what you need:
for the peanut butter layer
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 10ish mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
for the brownie layer
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cup (or other peanut butter candy – feel free to use festive peanut butter M&Ms – I used spring ones in one version of this)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish – I lined with foil and sprayed with my Pam non-stick cooking spray.
- First, make the peanut butter layer: Mix together the peanut butter, sugars and egg until smooth. Press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Make sure to press well – do not leave it loose or it could crumble after baking. Lightly press Reese’s cups (not chopped) on top of layer, evenly throughout.
- Then, make the brownie layer: Melt the baking chocolate and butter together in a saucepan (or microwave-safe bowl – if you microwave, nuke for about 45 seconds, checking and stirring often until completely melted and smooth). Once melted, gradually add in sugar, then vanilla, then eggs. Then, carefully mix in the flour. Once combined, pour the batter into the pan over the peanut butter and Reese’s layer spread layer evenly to the edge of the pan. Sprinkle chopped Reese’s on top.
- Bake about 35-38 minutes until the top is slightly cracked around. Cool completely before cutting.
4 thoughts on “Layered peanut butter chocolate brownie bars”
Oh my goodness! These look AMAZING! Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination in the world and Reese’s are my fav candy! I have to make these!
They really are so good. These and the cheesecake bars I link to are too good not to share!
Yep, you can’t go wrong with the Chocolate Peanut Butter combo. Love it.
It really is foolproof!