Okay, I guess it’s time that I finally break the news to the blogosphere and online.
How do I say this?
I wish I had a cute announcement planned. You know, like a cute video. Or image. But I’m not like that and I’m highly uncreative. So I’ll just go out and say it. I’m pregnant. B and I are expecting a baby this June!
There we go – the news is out. We’ve been keeping it somewhat under wraps for a little while, but now that we’re more than halfway there (yipes!), it’s time to finally let you in on our little secret.
And it feels good to have it off my chest and tell you all. Though somewhat strange to see it in writing …
Now for some of the FAQs – answers to the common questions we’ve been getting (warning: if you DON’T care about or like babies or pregnancies, feel free to stop reading. I’m not sharing too many details here, but the rest may just plain bore you and I promise you can come back to my regularly scheduled recipes, running updates, etc. at a later date):
- Will you guys be finding out if it’s a boy or a girl? Nope! We already had that dr appointment and we opted to close our eyes and not find out. So it will be a surprise.
- Will you be buying a house/moving? Maybe? We love our apartment right now and since we have two bedrooms and two bathrooms, we don’t have any immediate need to move. I’d love to have a downtown baby 🙂
- How are you feeling? Great! Thanks for asking! B and I are both really excited and I luckily haven’t felt any sickness (no morning sickness here) and really have just been a little more tired than usual.
- Are you going to stop running? I don’t plan on it. I really really want to run throughout my pregnancy, or at least as long as possible. It’s gotten a LOT harder (I’ll write a post about that soon) and I have cut down my mileage, but I still plan on getting in runs a few days a week. So expect a few more bump-in-workout-clothes pics.
- Have you been having any cravings or food aversions? Hmm. Maybe? I’ve been really enjoying sweets (but that’s nothing new) – and been loving fruit, especially citrus, pears, melon, anything juicy. The first month or so I found myself despising vegetables, which is SO not me and it was hard. You may have noticed a few WIAWs that were lacking vegetables and that’s why. All I could think of eating was carbs and sweets. Thank goodness I’m back on the vegetable train again!
- Do you have any names picked out? We have a girl’s name but not a boy’s name yet. We can’t seem to agree on any boys’ names. Any ideas?
And now, some questions for you:
- Any more questions for me? Ask away. I’m a pretty open book.
- Mom runners – did you run while pregnant? Any tips to keep it up? What’s the longest race you did?
- Moms – did you have any weird cravings when pregnant?
15 thoughts on “An Announcement”
Yay! So happy for you! This is the beginning of a great adventure.
Ha, yes it is!!
Hooray! And congratulations!! 🙂 I worked out through my pregnancy with Ari, but not Remy. Running was always really hard on me during pregnancy because it made me pee myself 😛 Buuuuut a lot of women continue to run straight thru! 🙂
Yes, the pee thing=interesting. We’ll see how long I can keep it up!!
How about Grisha!
thanks!!!! 🙂 🙂
How exciting! June is not very far away! How did you keep that secret? Congratulations, Mom!
I know – it’s soon! I’ve been trying to hide it as long as possible. Depending on what i wear it’s either VERY obvious or not! No more hiding 🙂
congradulations!! i’m so happy that you are healthy and going to continue running!
ok i had to come back and read this after i read your latest post to see how long ago i missed the announcement – glad to see it wasn’t that far back! so happy for you guys. gah i LOVE picking names so i’ll happily send you along a bajillion ideas if you want. i went through this with my bff last year (even tho she ended up choosing her original first choice which i wasn’t wild about anyway but i loved helping her out!). SO FUN for you! enjoy!
Thank you! Yes, I’ll take any and all boy name recommendations 🙂
haha i’ll email you. 🙂