I must be on a peanut butter and chocolate baking kick lately. Or maybe I always have been? Anyway, if you’re a fan of peanut butter cookies, cookie bars, and chocolate, these bars are for you. That’s right – no fancy introduction needed for these bad boys. Just make them for the peanut butter cookie lover in your life and I promise he or she won’t be disappointed!
Peanut Butter Heath Bar Blondies (from my Magnolia cookbook)
Here’s what you need:
For the cookie bars:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp. (I used Egg Beaters because that’s what I had on hand and they came out fine!)
- 2 Tbs vanilla
- 3 cups self-rising flour
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coarsely Heath bar bites (they sell them with the chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 325 and grease a 12 x 18 jelly roll pan.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add in the sugar & mix until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat thoroughly.
- Gradually add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mixing well after each admission. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool to room temp.
- Make the topping: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the peanut butter chips and the cream until smooth. Pour the mixture over cooled blondies. Sprinkle with heath bar and peanuts.
Variations: I also made some with semi-sweetened chocolate chips melted (instead of peanut butter, as well as chopped up peanut butter cup (instead of Heath bar bites)
Some questions for you:
- Are there any nut butters you don’t like? Which have you tried? I’ve never tried cashew butter! But I do like peanut butter, sunflower butter (or sunbutter) and almond butter. And cookie butter – does that count as a nut?
- What other topping would you put on these bars besides peanut butter or chocolate? I’m wondering how white chocolate would taste. I know I would like them (I like white chocolate Reese’s!) but not sure how others may enjoy them.
- What’s a new cookie bar recipe you’ve tried recently? I need some new ones to try!
2 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Heath Bar Blondies”
Yummy!!! These look so good!! Cashew butter sounds very interesting and I love cashews so probably would love it. My fave nut butter will always be peanut butter, but I do enjoy a few others from time to time. Have a great day!! xoxo
You MUST try cashew butter! I agree with you though – as much as I do love sunbutter, almond butter, etc. they’re not peanut butter replacements. I need it all!