I love easy slow cooker meals that can be prepped ahead of time, are healthy, delicious and don’t take a lot of preparation. Slow cooker meals that require no cooking ahead of time (what’s the point of that?!) or browning of meat. Kid-friendly slow cooker meals. And, slow cooker meals that are just as good in the summer as they are in the winter.
That is why I love this dish. My husband, baby girl and I all love it. (Confession my picky toddler won’t eat any of it but the sweet potatoes) I can make it ahead of time AND it tastes good 1-2 days later! If you’re looking for an easy, healthy weeknight crockpot meal, here it is.
Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry
Here’s what you need:
- 1 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 whole cauliflower, chopped (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Optional; for serving: Rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa
Here’s what you do:
- Combine coconut milk, chicken broth and curry powder and add to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add chicken breasts, cauliflower, onion, chickpeas, canned tomatoes and sweet potatoes. Gently toss together to make sure everything is coated with coconut milk/broth/curry.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Depending how much broth/juice you have after cooking, you can take out 1-2 cups of broth mixed with cauliflower and sweet potato and blend until mushy (yes that’s the technical term) before putting back in. I love doing this as it adds a nice thick sauce.
- Stir in peas 5 minutes before serving. I like to serve mine over cauliflower rice for even more cauliflower goodness. But, you may enjoy it over regular rice, quinoa or even just with a side of naan.
- What’s your go-to slow cooker meal?
- Do you like curry?
4 thoughts on “Crockpot Chicken, Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry”
You have perfect timing as I was just thinking I need to either use my slow cooker or get rid of it. I’ll give this a try:)
Don’t get rid of it!! I have so many favorite recipes to try … this, salsa chicken, quinoa enchilada casserole..YUM!
Ok I’ll try your current recipe and see how it goes. It just makes so much food I end up eating things for a month or with a freezer so full it won’t close
Oh good point. This will do that. Maybe try a smaller recipe!