Today, in addition to watching the Browns game, doing laundry, going for a run and doing some work, I was a baking and cooking machine. I roasted tomatoes, made fresh pesto, baked banana bread and even made some cookie dough balls. That’s right – cookie dough balls. Who needs cake balls when you have these tasty treats? And of course, they’re egg free – so not only delicious but a safe way (and perfect excuse) to indulge in the best part of baking – cookie dough!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
(borrowed from this recipe)
Here’s what you need:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk (I used 1% but may try almond milk next time)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz bag of milk chocolate candy coating
Here’s what you do:
- Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add milk and vanilla and mix on high speed with an electric mixer (or your beloved KitchenAid).
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- When dough is firm enough to handle, form dough into 1″ round balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place dough ball-filled sheet in freezer and let chill for at least 30 minutes (I went for a run and let mine chill for about an hour).
- After cookie dough balls have hardened in the freezer, it’s time to dip them in the melted chocolate! Melt chocolate candy coating in the microwave or according to package directions. Using a toothpick, dip cookie balls into melted milk chocolate and coat completely.
- Return chocolate-covered balls to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Enjoy! They’re pretty awesome.
One thought on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls”
Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oreo Bars | I Crashed The Web