A few weeks ago I kicked off the fall baking season with some pumpkin blondies. They were delicious. They were amazing. They were everything I had expected. BUT after the cookies were done, I still had 1 cup left of canned pumpkin. So what was I to do? If only all dilemmas were that easy to solve – I made some more pumpkin cookies a few days later. Now, I’m sharing them with you. You must make these. B loved them (they reminded him of a childhood favorite cookie he had) and so did my parents (who enjoyed them when they were in town). I made some with a cream cheese frosting/glaze, and some without – they are both delicious. Soft Pumpkin Cookies (modified from here) Here’s what you need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon heaping pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I used the other half of a 15 oz can)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s what you do:
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool completely before frosting (optional).
Frost a few with your favorite cream cheese frosting! I used half of this recipe. Enjoy! Still reading? Want more pumpkin? Then check out these recipes as well!
Pumpkin Scones with Maple Butter Glaze
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Butterscotch White Chocolate Chip Blondies
4 thoughts on “Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting”
I’m hungry just reading this post! How many cookies did your recipe make?
Good question! I think it made a little over 2 dozen. B happened to be eating them right out of the oven, so I lost count.
Pingback: A Day In My Life « probablyrachel
Pingback: A Day In My Life | ProbablyRachel