This past week I hit a running milestone I never would’ve imaged (or strived for) — I made it to 200 days of my running streak!
In 200 days, here’s what running has looked like:
- Average mileage: 5.75 miles
- Number of races: 3 (all virtual)
- Number of stroller runs: 10
- Number of treadmill runs: 8
But, I think my days of streaking are coming to an end. The mornings are getting colder and some days I think about how nice it would be to just let my body rest, especially as my plantar fasciitis has been hurting on and off for the past few months. But until then, here’s how my week looked:
We had gorgeous weather! The sun was shining and it was in the 70s for a few days in a row, which meant a few runs in capris and shorts. And fast (for me these days) runs!
There were some more gorgeous sunrises this week, too. Taking a photo was a great excuse to stop and catch my breath.
Some days this week were amazing. It was like the fog had lifted, and the sun was out (both literally and figuratively). The anxiety I’d had for weeks even felt somewhat better. I’m hoping that this continues for at least some time.
Some questions for you:
- Did you have some more seasonably warm weather? It was 70s to start the week, which meant that I got in a few of my favorite — shorts runs!
- Do you run when it’s dark out in the a.m. or p.m.?